Classes begin quarterly
Become a Cybersecurity Professional in 24 Weeks
Washington University in St. Louis Cybersecurity Boot Camp – Online
Big data needs big protection. According to a study by IBM, in just the last two years, 90 percent of the world’s data has been created.* As computer networks grow, so too does the quantity of vulnerable information.
The Cybersecurity Boot Camp is a challenging, part-time program that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in IT, networking and modern information security throughout the course of 24 intensive weeks.
- Gain experience with a host of popular tools such as Wireshark, Kali Linux, Metasploit, Nessus and more.
- Learn skills applicable to certifications such as the CompTIA Security+, Network+, Linux+, Server+, Cloud+, and certified Ethical Hacker (CEH).
- Advance your skillset even if you’re currently employed or in school through convenient evening classes.
- Benefit from a comprehensive set of career services to help equip you for success as you work to change career paths or advance in your current position.
Are you craving to expand your knowledge or learn how to keep data safe from prying eyes? Do you relate to any of the bullet points down below? This program may be the catalyst needed to help accomplish your goals.
- You are currently a technical professional, such as a web developer, network administrator or help desk technician, who wants to better understand how to keep data secure.
- You are a manager in a company whose revenue depends on the confidentiality, availability and integrity of client data.
- You are looking to move into cybersecurity from an already technical field, such as systems administration.
- You are a tech enthusiast looking to get your foot in the door in the world of networking and security.
Building On The Basics
Achieving your goals in cybersecurity requires not only deep security knowledge but also experience with the application of that knowledge. Our curriculum is designed to give you both the knowledge you need to move toward the cybersecurity industry and ample experience applying that knowledge to real-world problems.
Throughout the program, you will learn tools and technologies vetted by current practitioners, and learn skills applicable to certifications expected of all serious security professionals.
At Washington University Cybersecurity Boot Camp, you’ll get immersive virtual training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity. You’ll also learn methods, techniques and best practices for accurately conveying the severity of the risks facing an organization’s security posture.
You’ll learn from skilled instructors and gain real-world experience by collaborating with your peers. Through hands-on application, you’ll gain the confidence you need to tap into the industry. The curriculum* will dive into the foundational skills for cybersecurity, including:
- Packet Analysis
- Windows and Linux Administration Techniques
- Windows and Linux Hardening
- Secure Network Design and Architecture
- Risk Management
- Vulnerability Assessment
- Identity and Access Management
- Cloud Security
Ethical Hacking and Penetration:
- Kali Linux
- Burp Suite
- Web Vulnerabilities and Security
- Digital Forensics Methods
- Penetration Testing
- Vulnerability Assessment
- Security Operations and Analytics
Programming and Scripting:
- Bash Scripting
- PowerShell Scripting
*The material covered is subject to change. Our academic team adjusts to the market demand.
By the time you complete the program, you will know how to:
- Identify suspicious patterns of user behavior to identify bots, intruders and other malicious actors.
- Configure machines on a virtual network, deploy them to the cloud and investigate cloud security risks.
- Analyze malware to identify its origin and purpose, and determine methods for uninstalling it.
- Write Bash scripts to automate security and operating systems tasks.
- Conduct vulnerability assessments using tools like Metasploit to profile an application for vulnerabilities, and then exploit those vulnerabilities.
- 24-week program
- Classes held three weekdays from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m.
Currently Enrolling: » Coding Part-Time 7/11/22 » Data Analytics Part-Time 8/23/22 » Cybersecurity Part-Time 9/19/22
» Coding Part-Time 7/11/22
» Data Analytics Part-Time 8/23/22
» Cybersecurity Part-Time 9/19/22